Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Garden

I'm pretty anxious on starting my vegetable garden and even more so adding to my landscape with flowers and such. I planted an azalea a couple of weeks ago , like a dummy, and wouldn't you know it below freezing temperatures came back here in Indiana. I should have known better to plant so early but as always every year I get too anxious.

I've been researching some garden tips and writing some of my own and have started a "gardening page" on my website. I'm still adding to it as I have limited time due to my 8-5 job and of course spring soccer has started for my daughter.

The vegetable garden I have planned out pretty well so far.

First I need to till and add some nutrients to the soil, I'll test the soil and add peat moss as well.

Vegetables I will be planting this year are:

  • peas
  • green beans
  • watermelon
  • onions
  • tomatoes
  • zuchinni
  • bell peppers

And I may add to the list later. I can't wait, I know I'm obsessed! Don't knock it ... you haven't tasted some of my green beans **smile**



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: