Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Heuchera

I have never had so many good ideas day after day as when I worked in the garden. ~John Erskine


New Plants! My idea of a great weekend is adding something new to my garden. Above I laid out 5 Heuchera's under my tulip tree.

Heuchera 'Caramel' - I love the unique color of this coral bell. It blooms white flowers in early to midsummer. It grows to only 8" tall, so would be great for borders. The leaves are golden orange that become more apricot with warmer weather. Heat and humidity tolerant and deer resistant too.



Heuchera 'Brownies' - This Coral Bell blooms creamy flowers in midsummer and grows to 16" tall. It produces huge chocolate-green leaves with rosy red undersides. It is heat and sun tolerant and a vigorous grower.

2 comments:

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

They are going to look so nice when they have filled out.

Unknown said...

I have a border of 7 purple palaces and it is so pretty. You made some good choices. ~Brooke