Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gotta Dig

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown


I got to dig yesterday!


Warm temperatures brought me outside to work on some landscaping. Fixing edging, rocks, blocks (you get the idea). What I realized was how much I missed being outdoors. Still not warm enough for planting but on a positive spin this gives us gardening lovers time to fix, plan and most importantly not work ourselves to the bone trying to get everything done. You can ease back into it and out of hibernation from winter.

I almost thought I was going to have a cabin fever breakdown. Luckily I think I'll make it through.

I noticed signs of spring with crocus, tulips and even some lilly's poking their way out of the dirt towards the sun. I wish I had some pictures, my camera isn't working right now, but I am working on that and will post some later, I just had to post today and share my excitement. In the meantime, here are some pictures from last year's garden.




2 comments:

Melanie Chopay said...

Karen, I can imagine how happy you were after digging in the garden. I spent all day out there today, even thought we had occasional drizzle and I had the invariable runny nose due to cold weather and rain.

It was delicious to be out there!

Anonymous said...

Karen, Another Indiana gardener!! I am always glad to see another gardener that is dealing with Indiana weather. I will add you to my other Indiana gardeners list.